Monday, July 16, 2012

It's Not ALL BonBons!

This is in response to the lame ass jokes that people make about stay at home moms.  Well, for starters, I have never been a stay at home mom.  There are trips to the grocery store, with your child(ren), trips to the doctor (with a screaming / sick / feverish / vomiting) child(ren) and the obligatory trips to see family and friends and have playdates so that your child is not completely socially inept.  I WORK.  I have always worked.  In between these trips, I clean, I cook, I take care of the dog.  I give baths, I do laundry and make sure my husband has a woman to hold at night.  I am my daughter's playmate, game opponent and cheerleader.  I have many JOBS.  We all work.  

With the recession going on, I started using my creativity and love for crocheting to earn money for the little things in life (food, clothes, gas).  I told my husband in my search for a 'real' job that if nobody would hire me  then I would create my own job.  It's been helping, that's for sure!  I love what I do, everything that I do to take care of my family I do out of love.

Now I am excited to be doing this, blogging and helping my other 'stay at home' mom friends, to create, together, a place to reach out to other BonBons and share the businesses we have created, the passion we have for what we do and for everyday tricks and help that we could all benefit from.  

We have to stick together!  I am fortunate to be a BonBon, it wasn't all by choice, I think of it as a blessing and am proud of seeing my daughter every day of her life.  Not everyone is as fortunate, this I know, and hopefully we can share something that will make your busy life a little easier or just share something that will make you laugh.  

Thank you for reading!

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment